Saturday 17 September 2011

Welcome to the Blog

Hey, i'd just like to write a bit about the blog and what it's going to contain:

Well, i'm lunsh, i'm an active member of Twinkinfo, i've recently been toying with the idea of gearing up my level 20 Rogue on the EU servers, but after reading alot of posts and topics about the amount of level 20 F2P Twinks on Aerie Peak i decided that it was time for me to make an account on the US realms and start leveling a character.

Whenever i make a new twink, i spend a long time figuring out if it really is something i would be interested in and i try to figure out everything at the start, straight away i knew i wanted to play a druid, i like having a class that is versatile, for example, in the past i have played alot of 19 twinking, when i got my first paladin to 19 i was happy with what the paladin provided, but after a while i was making more and more twinks to fill in my needs of a certain class, i rolled a rogue for when i wanted to play a melee damage dealer, i rolled a hunter for when i wanted to deal damage at ranged, i rolled a priest for when i felt like healing people and finally i rolled my warrior so i could do damage and flag carry with ease on the same character, little did i know that i could of just rolled a Druid and all of my problems would of been solved, Flag carry, no problem just put on stamina gear and go bear. Heal? no problems just put on my int and spellpower set and throw up some HoTs on people. This is why as soon as i said i wanted to F2P twink i decided that i was going to play a druid, although there was one thing that i wasn't certain about, which faction to choose?


The issue of being Horde or Alliance is a choice every person faces, the things that determine my choice are
  • The community of each faction, does one side out number the other? after reading alot of posts and threads and asking people on Aerie Peak about balances alot of them say that the brackets are equal with numbers, after having look at the thread containing every active F2P twink it looks like yes, the factions are equal.
  • What races can i be if i want to play a certain class, do i like this race or do they have any part of them that puts me off them straight away such as casting animations, alot of people will think is stupid but i'm going to be watching my class cast something all the time in Battlegrounds i want to like how it looks, do the racials benefit me in any kind of way? The only classes i have access to are Night Elves, Trolls and Taurens
    • let us start with Night Elves, Quickness, 2% less chance for them to hit me is great, especially for my flag carrying gear as i'm sure to grab some attention picking up the flag. Nature resistance, meh, quite alot of F2P Twinks are using Rune of Perfection which increases their spell penetration by 10 which with my +1 resistance to cape will still only give me 11 real nature resistance which i suppose is nice, but nature isn't a school that would be ideal choice of school, don't get me wrong being able to resist a roots, take less damage from serpent sting and many other druid spells could be very nice but having +20 Fire Resistance to reduce the damage of Explosive Shots due to the mass amount of hunters or +20 Frost Resistance to reduce the damage of mage shatters would both be more beneficial. Shadowmeld, This is probably my favourite racial out of any race ingame as this can be used in alot of situations to keep you alive, to keep you from being CC'd, Allows you a free prowl allowing another opener or if you want to run away, another reason to use this racial is if you're in a really long fight you can use this to get out of combat so that the potion cooldown will start to reset again, overall i think that the racials that the night elf provide are all very useful in the PvP situations that i will find myself in.
    •  Taurens, War Stomp, a stun with a small cast time that stuns everyone within 8 yards for 2 seconds, normally i would say that is a bad spell for druids but as of recently they have made it possible for you to cast this in shapeshift form which makes this a very useful talent to have especially since cats do not have a stun at level 20, the only downside to this is that using a spell will reset the swing timer, being a druid this isn't that drastic as the swing timer for a cat is very small due to them attacking fast but nevertheless reduces damage done. Endurance, a 5% base health increase would be great for all my specs, a 5% base health is about a 23hp bonus, the more you look at it the more you realise it isn't that much compared to other racials you could be using instead of it, last but not least Nature resistance, this is exactly the same as the Night elf racial
    • Trolls - Increased damage with bows and throwing weapons, both useless for a druid so i'll ignore this, Damage Vs Beasts will only be useful against Feral druids so this is another racial trait that isn't that useful for me either. Reduced duration of movement effects, this is another racial trait that won't benefit me much because i'm a druid, for example if i get hamstringed by a warrior any shapeshift will remove all snares from me, if i'm in my resto spec which i will use for flag carrying and healing it will remove all movement effects so the only use this trait will have for me is when i'm rooted while not in my restoration spec. Berserking, this is probably one of the greatest racials in the game, this would not only allow me faster energy regeneration in cat form, faster rage regeneration in bear form, it would also increase the amount of ticks i would recieve from my Rejuvinaton and Regrowth.
So overall, what's my verdict? Berserking is my most wanted racial but with the other racials trolls recieve it falls behind the other two available races, so it's a choice between tauren and night elves, this time i chose night elves, the main reason being shadowmeld, it's such a good talent if used correctly, it will take some practise but i'm sure i will grow to love it.

I'm in the goal of leveling my Druid to level 20 as i write this blog, 5 minutes blogging and about 1 minute relogging as i always find myself disconnected and killing a couple of mobs before i want to continue writing the blog.

Half twelve at night on friday, well technically sunday!
If you stay tuned to the blog you'll expect to see:
  • Proffesion Guides for F2P Twinks
  • complaining about having to farm world drop items for my BiS gear
  • opinions about things that are happening with the F2P community
  • Gear progress with all 4 of my gear sets
  • A list of my gear sets and explanations as to why i'm going to be choosing these
  • also expect a much nicer looking blog, i basically just chose a default template so i could get to work writing this.
I hope to write another blog tomorrow or in the next couple of days just to cover up what i didn't write in this blog as i thought it was already starting to draw out a bit and to say it took me over 2 hours to write this means that not everyone will want to read all of it, goodbye until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment